An Anti-Contamination Door Handle
The great annual epidemics (flu, gastroenteritis, etc) are, in collective use places, essentially transmitted through door handles.
Ulna checks the first relay stick of the contamination chain through the hands.
A survey proves that this system is definitely used 89% of the time, and it leads to a significant difference in contamination levels, in Ulna’s handle’s favor.
Door Handle Ergonomics
This kind of handle allows the user to pass through a door keeping their hands free, so it makes it easier to carry things (meal trays, health care equipment, goods, etc)
- Handles height is to fit the user’s needs.
- For physiotherapy centers and establishments specializing in hand surgery, this type of door handles is a way to make a patient’s life easier.
- The trajectory of the door handle reduced to its minimum gives the user a lot of comforts, and makes its use more pleasant than with a traditional door handle.
Color Code Protocol
Thanks to a special mechanism, Ulna Initial system can be removed in one second to change to a different color lever handle, creating a color code for special precautions to inform medical staff, patients and visitors about the correct hygiene protocol.
Information for visitors about a color code for complementary hygiene precautions:
- A large poster at the entrance of the facility.
- A sticker on each door to indicate the color code protocol.
Information and rules for the staff:
Each trolley is equipped with a book explaining the color code and associated precaution, depending on the contamination risk:
- Orange, the color for standard precautions, is the initial handle installed on every door.
If a patient needs a special treatment, the color of the handle is changed:
- Red door handle for a contamination risk through contact.
- Blue door handle for a contamination risk by air.
- Green door handle for a droplet contamination risk.
Creating a safer environment, doctors, patients and visitors will all be encouraged to improve hygiene awareness and the fight for infection control.
The Door Handle Concept
Thanks to its system that allows the user to open and close doors without using their hands, Ulna eliminates the first source of hand contamination: the door handle. Ulna is an essential element:
- for the fight for infection control
- for food safety and hygiene in industries
- for all establishments because hand hygiene is an ever increasingly important topic
The Ulna system is an innovative door handle that encourages hygiene awareness and invites people to change their behavior.