PROSEPT Burs is a ready-to-use disinfectant solution for precision rotating dental and surgical instruments such as diamond burs, carbide drills, polishers and instruments made of steel.
The disinfectant offers a broad spectrum of action in just two minutes. The balanced composition based on alcohols, surfactants and bases ensures high activity even in the case of an increased level of organic pollutants and allows to achieve high cleaning power.
The absence of aldehydes and phenols prevents discoloration and blood binding. Corrosion inhibitors significantly extend the service life of the instrument. No rinsing is required after disinfection as PROSEPT Burs evaporates leaving no harmful residues. As standard solution stability under conditions of average contamination levels is one week, PROSEPT Burs can be used in a very efficient and ecological way. The product is biodegradable.
Germ-free surface in minutes:
Bactericidal / Fungicidal (A. niger) – 60 seconds
Tuberculocidal (M. terrae) – 2 minutes
Hepatitis B / HIV – 30 seconds
BVDV / hepatitis C – 30 seconds
Herpes virus – 30 seconds
Adenovirus – 30 seconds
Virucidal (Polio virus) – 2 minutes
1. Wear the disposable gloves and safety glasses.
2. Pour approx. 150 ml of PROSEPT Burs into the container and close it with the lid.
3. Insert the rotary instruments into the container (through the opening) immediately after use. Use forceps to reduce the risk of injury and infection.
4. Wait for the required operating time. Do not place rotary instruments in the solution longer than necessary. PROSEPT Burs is fully active in 2 minutes.
5. Remove the rotary instruments from the disinfecting solution and allow them to dry. Do not rinse with water.
6. Check the instruments for visible debris. If necessary, clean the instruments by hand with a toothbrush under running water and repeat steps 3-6. Disinfect the toothbrush in the instrument disinfection tub with PROSEPT Instru.
7. After disinfecting and completely drying, place the instruments in the drill stand and autoclave. Mark the sterilization date, expiry date, batch number and contents on the packaging of the drill support. Protect against dust, sprays and moisture during storage.
When to use: Disinfect instruments immediately after use.
Do not rinse rotary instruments in water to avoid corrosion.
Thermally unstable instruments must not be autoclaved. The manufacturer specifies the appropriate sterilization methods.
Thermolabile instruments intended for invasive procedures should be sterilized with PROSEPT Pera.
Instruments that cannot be sterilized should be stored in protective packaging after disinfection.
The maximum storage time is 7 days. It is recommended to change the solution daily, depending on the degree of contamination.
Tip: The cleaning power of PROSEPT Burs can be increased by using an ultrasonic cleaner. Place the plastic cup with PROSEPT Burs in the device filled with water and subject the cup to ultrasound for 2 minutes. Each time it is necessary to check whether the instruments are compatible with the ultrasonic waves.
Chemical composition: 100 g of the preparation contains: 32 g of 2-propanol, 0.7 g of phenoxyethanol, ammonium components, corrosion inhibitors.
There are no reviews yet.