- TheraCal PT® is a biocompatible, dual-curing, resin-modified calcium silicate.
- It has the same great Thera technology and benefits as its predecessors THeracal LC but is especially recommended for pulpotomy after partial or complete removal of the pulp from the tooth crown.
- TheraCal PT maintains the vitality of the teeth by acting as a barrier and protective agent for the dental pulp complex.
- While other calcium hydroxide materials have relatively high solubility, which can dissolve and resorb them over time, TheraCal PT® is moisture resistant and will not rinse off.
- Its physical properties resist decay and degradation, ensuring a permanent seal.
- Application is made easy with TheraCal PT® Dual 4g Syringe with auto-mix tip that eliminates manual mixing.
- Directly apply TheraCal PT to the pulp chamber, and the double-cured kit allows immediate placement of the restorative material.
- The material has a working time of 45 seconds and a setting time of 5 minutes. After light curing for 10 seconds, the practitioner can immediately apply the bonding system using any bonding technique (self-etch, total, selective) and begin restoring the tooth.
- TheraCal PT® is also radiopaque, allowing easy identification and differentiation from recurrent caries and other restorative materials.
- BISCO has developed a unique hydrophilic matrix that enables ion exchange. Earlier or traditional resin matrices were hydrophobic, but the BISCO matrix allows ion exchange as water enters the matrix, reacts and releases calcium hydroxide ions. This matrix is hydrophilic but does not dissolve over time.
- There are several ways to damage the pulp. Most often, caries or injuries in children lead to a painful exposure of the pulp and inflammation.
- The primary purpose of a pulpotomy is to heal, restore, and save a tooth. Although the milk teeth eventually resorb, they are needed for speech and chewing functions, to assist in the correct positioning and spacing of permanent teeth, and to maintain the bone for permanent tooth development. TheraCal PT can help preserve milk teeth as long as possible.
- This breakthrough product eliminates traditional pulpotomy procedures, and most importantly, it releases calcium!
- Theracal PT can be successfully used in procedures in which you use preparations such as: non-hardening calcium hydroxides, e.g. Multical, Biopulp and others, NeoMta Plus (Avalon), Biodentine (Septodont), MTA Angelus, Bio MTA Cerkamed and others.
- Perfect for our little nervous patients because TheraCal PT is fast and efficient!TheraCal PT® requires fewer steps compared to other pulpotomy treatment materials, which can help you save time and comfort.
- TheraCal PT contains calcium silicate with a dual bonding system – for use in pulpotomy procedures.
- TheraCal PT is a biocompatible, dual-cured, resin-modified, modified calcium silicate for the treatment of pulpotomy.
- TheraCal PT maintains the vitality of the teeth by acting as a barrier and protective agent for the pulp-dentin complex.
- Working time: Minimum 45 seconds at 35 ° C.
- Setting time: maximum 5 minutes at 35 ° C.
- Alkaline pH – pH 11.5 after 7 days.
- Easy application of the syringe – No mixing by hand.
- Dual-Cured / Dual Cured – Uniform layer confidence.
- Moisture tolerant – Low water solubility.
- Calcium release: The unique hydrophilic matrix facilitates the release of calcium.
- Visible on X-ray: Easily identify and distinguish from recurring caries and other restorative materials.
- Clinical significance: The chemical composition of TheraCal PT consists of synthetic Portland calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic matrix that facilitates the release of calcium.
Available packaging: 4 g syringe (enough for about 15 treatments)
There are no reviews yet.